Please use a current UMN School of Nursing poster template. The most common poster template sizes are found below. ONRS is happy to create a custom-sized poster template–just email us (ONRSposter@umn.edu) the dimensions you need indicating height and width.
- Poster templates are set-up at 50% of the final (i.e., printed) size because the poster (PowerPoint) templates cannot exceed 56” in height. Unless specified otherwise, posters are printed at 200%.
- All poster templates are not created equal. You will need to know the size of the poster. Typically the conference or meeting will delineate the space available to display your poster or specify the poster dimensions. Read the guidance closely. Email the sponsor if you have questions. Also note that as the poster size increases, so does its printing cost.
- Poster design resources include a School of Nursing poster workshop (handouts), a brief online poster tutorial, and communicating your research with posters. Additionally, ONRS has a google folder with some example student posters.
- The Univerisity subscribes to GraphicStocks, copyright-free digital content for use by the University community. The UMN Libraries also has image resources.
- UMN logos and other style/brand related guidelines can be found within the School of Nursing Graphic Identity Standards Manual
- The UMN Libraries has a poster assignment calculator that may be helpful to you in planning the poster development process (be sure to login to the calculator)
Feel free to contact the Office of Nursing Research and Scholarship (ONRS) with any questions about the poster printing process and/or poster templates.
Posters processed through ONRS are submitted using an online form. We ask that you submit your poster at least 5 business days before it is needed to allow sufficient processing time. Note: If you will not be using a UMN chart string to pay for the poster's printing (i.e., paying for it yourself), please contact UMNposters directly or you can explore other printing options.
- ONRS will forward the poster to the printer cc'ing you on the email. The printer will then email a PDF proof for you to review—typically within 24 hours.
- Take your time and thoroughly review the poster proof. Please be sure to provide co-authors and/or your advisor an opportunity to review it as well. The PDF poster details (e.g., image quality) are best assessed at 200%, whereas the poster's overall layout is readily guaged using the "zoom to page level" view.
- You can still revise and re-submit the poster, if needed.
- Once you have the poster finalized, email the printer (attaching the revised poster, if applicable) and indicate to the printer that the poster is 'ok to print.'
- The poster will then be printed and delivered to ONRS—typically within 24 hours.
- ONRS will email you when your poster is ready for pick-up in 6-101 Weaver-Densford Hall.
Limited funds are available to support poster printing costs. If you would like to request funds to cover the poster printing cost, please email Diane Treat-Jacobson and explain the poster presentation opportunity (e.g., the conference, its date and location) along with your name and degree program and the estimated cost of the poster. If she agrees to cover the printing cost, you will need to forward that email to ONRS (ONRSposter@umn.edu) as well.
Printed Poster Size (width x height) in feet
|Printed Poster Size (width x height) in inches||Poster Templates (Sized 50%)|
|4' w x 4' h||48" w x 48" h||Template|
|3.8' w x 3.8' h||46" w x 46" h||MNRS Template|
|3' w x 3' h||36" w x 36" h||Template|
|3' w x 5' h||36" w x 60" h||Template|
|3.3' w x 3.3' h||40" w x 40" h||Template|
|4' w x 3' h||48" w x 36" h||Template|
|5' w x 3.5' h||60" w x 42" h||Template|
|5' w x 3' h||60" w x 36" h||Template|
|5' w x 4' h||60" w x 48" h||Template|
|6' w x 4' h||72" w x 48" h||Template|
|8' w x 4' h||96" w x 48" h||Template|